Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/.sites/471/site360/web/smf/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
phoneAlarm SP v2.0 alpha 5
pocketmax
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
phoneAlarm v1.35 for Android now RELEASED
39621 Posts in 6356 Topics by 9935 Members
Latest Member: alopdkkr
* Home Help mobile Login Register
+  pocketmax
|-+  phoneAlarm (Smart Phone)
| |-+  pA SP - Beta Testers
| | |-+  phoneAlarm SP v2.0 alpha 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: phoneAlarm SP v2.0 alpha 5  (Read 6931 times)
penguin
Administrator

« on: September 24, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »

Hi.,

Here is the next v2.0 update - getting close to beta with just a few more dialogs to add  wink

Custom SMS / Email now works, as do Default email account and custom application links.
I've also improved numerous menus - check out the signal pop-up for example.

All radios (phone, bluetooth, Wifi) are now controlled by a device independent method - so Comm. Manager is no longer used, and this should resolve issues on some newer devices. It will also improve the speed at which changes take place - with bluetooth and Wifi activating almost instantly on profile change.

I should have the first beta here on Monday with improved sound playback, more location support and the photobar

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:06:28 AM by penguin » Logged

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »

Has this been included yet? THANX!!

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3554.30
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »

Has this been included yet? THANX!!

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3554.30

No - not yet, but for InCall support it is now in alpha 6, which I'll post in 4-5 days time
On PPC version it is also on context menu (together with "ActiveSync via Bluetooth" and other useful options) - but still need a way to add those to SP version...

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »

No - not yet, but for InCall support it is now in alpha 6, which I'll post in 4-5 days time
On PPC version it is also on context menu (together with "ActiveSync via Bluetooth" and other useful options) - but still need a way to add those to SP version...

Do you have a time frame for what I requested? Also what is "in call support"? THANX!!

[Penguin] As I said 4-5 days  wink, and that means that when call arrives and headset is active, all sound can be directed to the headset - or optionally to the phone
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:00:05 PM by penguin » Logged
mobelby

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:07:25 AM »

Hi Penguin,

Great work.

Does this version include the LED lights option (ie different colours for different things)

Thanks

M rolleyes
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:50 AM »

Does this version include the LED lights option (ie different colours for different things)

No - my Qtek 8500 doesn't have any controllable LEDs so makes it hard to test that  undecided - but I will add the dialog to next version so testers can comment on whether it works or not.

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:53:52 PM »

Bruce...Just installed on VzW Motorola Q9M to Main Memory and while it was finishing and reloading the Homescreen I received a "Can't find 'paInit.exe' message.  Will reboot in a couple of minutes and check it again.  Will let you know if I get that message again, attach logging files if it does.
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »

Bruce...Just installed on VzW Motorola Q9M to Main Memory and while it was finishing and reloading the Homescreen I received a "Can't find 'paInit.exe' message.  Will reboot in a couple of minutes and check it again.  Will let you know if I get that message again, attach logging files if it does.

Hi,

During upgrade the file WILL be deleted for 10-20 seconds (depending on how quickly you answer the upgrade messages  wink)
In this time any automatic processes or location updates from system will give this message because the NEW paInit.exe is not yet installed so system can't find it.

It won't happen AFTER the upgrade is finished

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »

I've installed the alpha 5 CAB on my WM5 Motorola Q.  So far it does a much better job than the current version of pA SP at loading my FlexMail app when I get a text message.  But I am having a problem with automatic profile switching on events.  Switches occur "on time" but not "on event".  The switch on "power-no ActiveSync" works in the current version of pA SP, so it's not my rule.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:44:16 AM »

I've installed the alpha 5 CAB on my WM5 Motorola Q.  So far it does a much better job than the current version of pA SP at loading my FlexMail app when I get a text message.  But I am having a problem with automatic profile switching on events.  Switches occur "on time" but not "on event".  The switch on "power-no ActiveSync" works in the current version of pA SP, so it's not my rule.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Hi,

Send a log file to "support AT pocketmax.net" with the time you though switch should occur. 
Note: In v2.0 the order in list of the rules defines the priority!

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 04:08:12 PM »

Hi,

Send a log file to "support AT pocketmax.net" with the time you though switch should occur. 
Note: In v2.0 the order in list of the rules defines the priority!

Thanks Penguin.  I just e-mailed the log to you.  I don't see how there could be a priority conflict, but I'm interested to learn about that possibility.  Thanks again!

[Penguin Update] The Event rules had time range set so didn't/couldn't activate
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:44:25 PM by penguin » Logged
nrgZ28

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »

Custom emails still don't work..  to my great dissappointment...

[Penguin] Send a log file with details, make sure you did select the "Accounts to Track" on the Custom Email / Options menu though!!
This is working fine on my device for 2 email accounts and SMS

Activate logging, via the About screen Options menu and select DETAIL.
Then after problem has occurred, send the phoneAlarm.log file (in \Program Files\phoneAlarm directory) to "support AT pocketmax.net"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:42:07 PM by penguin » Logged
crashdau

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:58:38 AM »

Hey Bruce.  Just noticed that in alpha 5 there is no paWakeup.exe .  I'm trying to create the shortcuts for changing profiles but pawakeup.exe isn't in the directory.  Or is there another file to use?
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »

Hey Bruce.  Just noticed that in alpha 5 there is no paWakeup.exe .  I'm trying to create the shortcuts for changing profiles but pawakeup.exe isn't in the directory.  Or is there another file to use?

paWakeup.exe is in the WINDOWS folder - if it really wasn't present you'd have no automatic profile switching, my device has the correct version from alpha 5 (24.09.2008)

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

Would it be correct to assume that while painit.exe is loaded in memory (and can be seen in the task manager's process list), that phonealarm is loaded and working ? I just added the XML code for PA at the end of the stock home.xml of the sliding panels 6.1 version and it while the pA skins isn't displayed, it seems that pA IS running...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: