pocketmax
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 02:43:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
phoneAlarm v1.35 for Android now RELEASED
39622 Posts in 6356 Topics by 9934 Members
Latest Member: alopdkkr
* Home Help mobile Login Register
+  pocketmax
|-+  Android Software
| |-+  phoneAlarm Android - Beta Testers
| | |-+  phoneAlarm v0.1.23 Beta 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: phoneAlarm v0.1.23 Beta 6  (Read 1541 times)
penguin
Administrator

« on: March 02, 2011, 11:05:35 PM »

Hi,

This version fixes a number of issues with Calendar reminders and opening calendar for HTC and Droid devices.
In addition Motorola Blur Calendar is now supported for widget open button.

Numerous other minor issues have been fixed - from all reported issues, the only issue open is the calendar reminders that start repeating again sometimes during appointment.
This is a device issue from Android calendar logic and not sure if I'll be able to resolve this - though I have good logs and will keep looking for a solution.

Next up is the user interface and the missing settings for mute / vibrate.  I've kept ignoring these - but should be fixed by the weekend  wink

* phoneAlarm.apk (239.85 KB - downloaded 90 times.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:53:29 PM by penguin » Logged

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »

Bruce,
Ran into a little issue, not sure if it's a phoneAlarm issue, or an Android issue.  I have set up all of the alerts to play music when they fire instead of the standard "Android System" tones.  That part works just fine; however if I re-sync my music via Motorola Media Sync after I have added, or removed music from my PC the incorrect song is played.  For example.....

I currently have song "Sample Song A" selected as the SMS Alarm Sound.  I then go on my PC and add and remove songs from my playlists, (not touching "Sample Song A"), and then re-sync my PC to my Droid X via Motorola Media Sync, and then go back to the SMS Alarm Sound settings within phoneAlarm the SMS Alarm Sound will now be some other random song from my collection.

I don't current'y have logs, but maybe can reproduce.

Thanks,
Gary
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

if I re-sync my music via Motorola Media Sync after I have added, or removed music from my PC the incorrect song is played.

Hi,

internally all sounds / music are saved as numbers and not as the full path to the sound - so could well be that re-sync would confuse the system!
I'll see if there is anything I can do about that - but the current system I use is the Android defualt for this.

Try copying 1 or 2 music tracks to the folder "sd\media\alarms"  or "sd\media\notifications"  ->  they should then always play correctly.

PS: How are you selecting the sound?  phoneAlarm should only show music in this folder, and the default system alarms - but not all music
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:07:13 AM by penguin » Logged

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »

Thanks for the update.

My music is stored in: /sdcard/mobile/mml/iTunes/K/Music/iTunes 2007-07-03
  and                       /sdcard/mobile/mml/iTunes/K/Music/iTunes 2010-03-27

phoneAlarm sees both of these directories.

I am select phoneAlarm -> SMS Alarm -> SMS Alarm sound -> Select music -> Music

and I see them all.  Not sure if that was you're intent, but I do see all 2400+ songs.

I will test out your suggestion.

Thanks,
Gary 
MovieGene

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »

when I hit the exclamation point on the widget, it still shows the dialog box saying cancel/snooze alarm soon...
penguin
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »

when I hit the exclamation point on the widget, it still shows the dialog box saying cancel/snooze alarm soon...

The popup dialog is in Beta 7 - should be released tomorrow morning

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »

I am select phoneAlarm -> SMS Alarm -> SMS Alarm sound -> Select music -> Music

"Select Music" option is coming from some 3rd party addon!  Maybe from Handcent SMS or similar app.
Nothing I can do to manage how that saves the sound - try method I suggested - it is more work but should always work

cheers
Bruce (pocketMax)
Jump to: